GATWICK SOUTH TERMINAL
Gatwick Airport Ltd.
£32m (Phase 1), £36m (Phase 2)
Members of the K2 team provided programme management and development management services for a highly complex extension to Gatwickís South Terminal International Departure Lounge. The programme consisted of a series of projects to move the airside/landside boundary and to extend the airside retail and passenger areas, including:
- Moving the airside/ landside boundary
- Relocating multiple retail units (south terminal ñ landside)
- Creation of further 20,000ft2 shell and core for retail/ catering (airside)
- Demolition and re-provision of lifts, escalators and stairs
- Enlarging/extending Central Search
- Relocating Virgin CIP lounge
- Enlarge / improve portal to Pier 1
- Providing new toilet facilities and refurbishment of existing
- Relocation/reprovision of security restroom
Our development manager provided a commercial space plan and business case that optimised incremental retail income, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to existing income streams throughout construction phases.
Phase 1 – Moving of airside/ landside boundary and relocation of retail and catering units, together with introduction of additional security and
Phase 2 – Refurbishment of main airside IDL retail and catering spaces.